Bahl River Trek Mcleodganj
Bahl River Trek Mcleodganj
The Bahl River Trek is a beautiful trek that starts from McLeodganj, a small hill station located in the state of Himachal Pradesh, India. The trek follows the Bahl River through lush forests, beautiful meadows, and remote villages, providing stunning views of the Dhauladhar mountain range.
The trek starts from McLeodganj and passes through the beautiful village of Dharamkot, which is located on a ridge overlooking the Kangra Valley. From Dharamkot, the trail descends to the Bahl River and follows it upstream through beautiful forests and meadows. The trail then passes through the village of Naddi, which offers beautiful views of the Dhauladhar mountains.
The trek then continues through dense forests and over rocky terrain until it reaches the beautiful Kareri Lake, which is situated at an altitude of 3,300 meters. The lake is surrounded by snow-capped peaks and is a popular destination for camping.
The Bahl River Trek is a moderate trek and can be completed in 3-4 days. The best time to do this trek is from April to June and from September to November when the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear.
Overall, the Bahl River Trek is a beautiful trek that offers stunning views of the Dhauladhar mountain range and is a must-do for anyone visiting McLeodganj.
Pick-Up/Drop Location: Bhagsu Nag Taxi Stand
Pick-Up & Drop Timings: 10:30 AM (Day 1) & 2:30 AM (Day 3)
Quick facts about Bahl River Trek
|McLeodganj, Himachal Pradesh, India
|3,300 meters (Kareri Lake)
|Best time to go
|Stunning views of Dhauladhar mountain range, Kareri Lake, cultural experience, serene surroundings
|Gaggal Airport, Dharamshala
|Nearest railway station
|Pathankot Railway Station
|Tents and homestays
Bahl River Trek Mcleodganj Highlights
The Bahl River Trek is a stunning trek that offers several highlights for trekkers. Here are some of the highlights of the Bahl River Trek from McLeodganj:
Stunning views of the Dhauladhar mountain range: The Bahl River Trek offers breathtaking views of the Dhauladhar mountain range, which is a part of the Himalayas. Trekkers can enjoy panoramic views of snow-capped peaks, including Mun Peak, Rifle Horn, and Slab Peak.
Serene surroundings: The trek passes through lush forests, beautiful meadows, and remote villages, offering trekkers a chance to experience the peaceful surroundings and connect with nature.
Kareri Lake: The trek culminates at Kareri Lake, which is a beautiful high-altitude lake situated amidst the Dhauladhar mountain range. The lake is surrounded by snow-capped peaks and offers a serene atmosphere for camping.
Cultural experience: The trek passes through several remote villages, including Naddi and Kareri, providing trekkers with a chance to interact with the locals and learn about their culture and way of life.
Moderate difficulty level: The Bahl River Trek is a moderate trek, making it suitable for both beginners and experienced trekkers. The trek offers a good mix of uphill and downhill terrain, making it a great adventure for trekkers of all levels.
Program ( 03 days / 02 nights )
Mcleod Ganj to Bhal River 12 Km trek
- The Bahl River Trek from McLeodganj begins with a short briefing before we start the trek.
- The trek passes through Dharamkot, also known as Little Israel, and then takes us past the Dal Lake and Naddi village, providing panoramic views of the Kangra valley.
- The Naddi to Bhal Village stretch of the trek is a flat and easy walk, also known as the shepherd village, and is covered with cedar, oak, and rhododendron trees.
- We reach the Bhal campsite for lunch, followed by a visit to the Guna temple, also known as the Kali temple, which is situated in the middle of the forest.
- After spending some quality time at the temple, we trek back to our campsite for the night stay.
Bhal River to Triund 09km trek
- After an early breakfast, we begin our trek for the day.
- The trail for today's trek is mostly uphill, and we cross the Bhated River to follow a rough trail that climbs steeply through the forest to reach Galu temple, which is also a check post for Triund.
- From Galu temple, the terrain changes to a wide paved path as we continue our gradual uphill climb to Triund.
- After trekking for a few hours, we reach the Magic View Cafe, which is the oldest tea shop and a great spot for selfies.
- We stop here for lunch and to take some amazing photos before continuing our trek towards Triund.
- Triund is situated on an alpine meadow high up on a ridge facing the snow-capped peaks of Dhauladhars, offering a beautiful view of the Kangra Valley on the other side.
- If we're lucky, we may get a clear view of the Dhauladhar Milky Range from the top.
- The feeling of reaching the top is truly amazing, and we'll spend the night in camps.
Triund to Mcleod ganj 08km trek
- On the return journey back to McLeodganj, we take a different route.
- The best part of trekking in the mountains is the downhill trek back to Dharamsala, which offers breathtaking views.
- En route, we pass by a beautiful waterfall before finally ending our trek at Bhagsu Nag Village near Bhagsu Temple.
( Based on reviews )
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|English speaking guide
|A knowledgeable guide who can provide information about the trek, the region, and the culture of the locals.
|All necessary permits and fees required for the trek are usually included in the package.
|Kitchen tent, utensils, cook and helpers
|Trek organizers usually provide a kitchen tent, utensils, and a cook along with his helpers to prepare meals for the trekkers.
|The trek offers several opportunities for bird watching, and some trek organizers may include it as part of the package.
|Campfires are usually organized in the evenings, providing a chance for trekkers to unwind and socialize.
|Accommodation on the trek usually includes camping in tents.
|The trek offers stunning views of the surrounding nature, and trek organizers may include guided nature walks as part of the package.
|The Bahl River Trek is primarily a trekking adventure, and trek organizers usually provide experienced guides and porters to assist the trekkers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
CANCELLATION AND REFUND:
Cancellations prior to 10 days from the start of the trek are entitled to a full refund(excluding the transaction charges)Cancellation between the 9th day and the 3rd day to the start of the trek will have an 80% refund. Cancellation less than 3 days to the start of the trek will have NO refund. For any assistance mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMER:This activity is hugely dependent upon weather. The trip may get canceled without any prior notice due to weather or any unforeseen adverse circumstances